Thursday, June 15, 2006

Writing again


You'd think that I don't have time for songwriting these days. What with the bathroom faucet needing repair, the car sputtering at stop signs, and making G's birthday invitations by hand, you'd think there's no time for writing. But no, the blessing and curse of a writer is that we can't not write.
I actually get mad at the writer in me sometimes when she comes out to play. Go away, I'm busy! Don't you dare give me another song idea, I don't have time! Today, she (the other one) won. B came over and we cowrote a great song. It's going to be a song any wife/mother/grandmother can relate to. Maybe even suitable as a wedding song. We're going to try to demo it by next weekend to get critiqued at a songwriting workshop N and I are going to. Nothing like a deadline to get the crank moving a little faster.
Oh, and the picture of the piglets sleeping at the farm we visited last week-- I just thought it was cute! To be dirty and fat and tired and get to just sleep and get dirtier and snort happily.
Grumbling at the bothers of life that take away time from tickling my kids and taking long walks on the beach with my husband (G has taught me to imagine!),
A

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Okay, what if the pig with his back feet hanging out of the pipe just happened to break wind? NOT cute! (But pretty funny, especially if you have a five year old son who has discovered a proliferation of bathroom humor).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home