Compassion, afterthoughts....
Thanks for hanging in there with me while I relived this story. It's been eight years, but the joy is still right in front of me. And while I have a scrap book, Nick had encouraged me for awhile to get it on the blog so it's there as well (in case the house burns down, I suppose.)
Some of you have expressed interest in learning more about Compassion, and what you can do to help. The most practical way is to simply start sponsoring a child. Go here: http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/default.htm
Basically, you just choose a child, either by country, their picture, or where there's most need (like in the AIDS populations) and then you can either set up an automatic deduction or snail mail contributions. It costs $32/month. Either way, you'll receive letters and pictures in the mail from your child. It is an awesome experience, especially if you have children who can be involved in the process. If you decide to start a sponsorship, please let me know -- I would love to celebrate with you.
After Nick and I started sponsoring Sarah, my parents and Nick's parents both began sponsoring children as well. It's been so cool to hear about how all three children are doing.
One last thought, if you decide to sponsor a child, I encourage you to commit to sponsoring them until they graduate at age 18. The relationship will be an example of commitment and devotion to them as they come to trust you as a friend and prayer partner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home