Creative Diversions



Last month at our Songwriters' Group, I asked my friend Trish what she was writing lately. Her response was "I painted and decorated my laundry room to make it beautiful!" Uh... great! And what have you been writing?! But that was her answer to that question. She went on to explain that she was letting her creativity flow into different areas of her life, which in turn helped her to have a fresh perspective on her songwriting. Brilliant!
Well, after spending a lot of time, heart, and brain energy on getting some demos ready for WAJ, I decided to take Trish's advice. I redecorated the kitchen and organized our music space in the house, creatively spending less than 50 bucks on the whole deal. It was a wonderful breath of fresh creative air, and now I'm ready to songwrite again.
In other news, it's COLD here. Really cold. But I love bundling up, flannel sheets, hot tea, chili, and leaf piles for jumping in. Today Gman and I researched how and why leaves change color. We learned that the other colors (red/green/orange/yellow) are always in the leaf, but the chlorophyl blocks those shades so we only see green. In the fall, there is less daylight, so less chlorophyl is in the leaves so the other colors become visible. What a cool way that God designed leaves and colors with their own moments to shine! And now, introducing red, yellow, and orange!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home