Monday, February 05, 2007

Where there's a Nash-will, there's a Nash-way.


Like that title, eh? Can you tell it's late and I'm running on low sleep? Oh, I could give plenty of examples why I think I have indeed "lost it." I "lost" the coffee creamer at the store today. It was in my cart at the checkout line, unlike my two tiny humans. Wasn't on my counter when I unpacked all the food, also unlike one of the aforementioned humans. First the hard drive vanishes, and then the coffee creamer. Poof! And then, tonight I lost my wedding ring. I was talking on the phone to Mel and all the sudden realized it was gone! I looked in the garbage disposal, the tub, the paint jars where I had just played Picasso with Gman. Nothing! To make a long boring story over, .. it was on my other hand! Right in front of my nose, just a jog to the right. Oof!

So, maybe that was a metaphorical omen that I was really going to "lose it" if I don't take a step back and breathe soon. It's time for a reTREAT! So, I'm road tripping to Nashville! Woo hoo! I'm really excited to listen to some great music in the car, to stay with a sweet friend of mine, to write with two songwriters I really admire, to sing demo vocals at a studio, visit Kevin's new Starbucks, and to take in a show at The Bluebird Cafe (if there any Nasvhille WAJ locals reading this, wanna come to the Friday show too?).

Of course there's some irony to this mirage of rest and relaxation. I'm sure I'll be silly nervous before my writing appointments, and I'll be thinking about the 3 boys I love back home nonstop. Not exactly a mental spa. But with the how-to-take-care-of-these-kids notes on the table for Nana, fridge well stocked, laundry done, and responsibilies delegated, I am more than ready to take a few days to work on my songwriting craft with at least a little more focus. And then I'll bring back a great souvinir of Mommy's-not-losing-it-after-all!

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have an awesome time away, Allie! I will be thinking of you with my envy cup full;-)
Heather B.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home